1. Concentrate on curb appeal – When a potential buyer drives by your house, you want it to be remembered. Make sure the lawn is cut, bushes are trimmed, and weeds are pulled, plant flowers if possible, and make your entryway warm and welcoming.
2. Be extremely flexible with showings – It’s not unusual in this market to have requests for multiple showings (and offers) in rapid succession. Once a property hits the market, people want to see it quickly. Flexibility and trusting your agent to have your best interests at heart are vital.
3. WOW, factor – Fresh flowers, gleaming windows, clean scents, soft jazz music in the background and well-staged touches are important to creating an enticing showcase of a home.
4. Inside temperature – Make sure during the summer that the air is on and circulating well. During the winter months, make sure the buyers feel the heat as they enter the house. A comfortable temperature will keep potential buyers viewing the home longer.
5. Price it right – While it is a seller’s market, overpricing right out of the chute will cause your home to sit on the market. Price it right and you could have the opposite reaction: multiple offers and bidding wars.
There are many ways to get your home sold today for top dollar and few if any, headaches. That’s were relying on a trusted professional comes in handy. I can make sure it is priced and photographed properly to make it stand out from the competition.