1. Give your entry a new look. Did you know that houses with black front doors can sell for more money?
2. A well-groomed yard shows buyers that the home was taken care of.
3. Make sure all windows have been cleaned.
4. Clean out your garage. A clean garage will give the impression of more space.
5. Depending on the season, plant flowers.
6. Remove any lawn ornament that you will want to bring with you to your new home.
7. Greet buyers at the front door with a new welcome mat.
8. Make sure the street numbers on the house are visible. Paint or replace it if in bad shape.
9. Make sure all exterior lights are in working order
10. Power wash any outdoor surfaces to give them a ‘like new’ feel.
• 10 Tips to Make Your House Feel Like Home to Buyers
1. Get rid of distractions. A clean home will allow buyers to picture themselves in the space.
2. Make sure every room has a purpose. Giving it an identity will help buyers.
3. Open all curtains and let the light in. Bright rooms feel warm and inviting. Dark rooms feel small and gloomy.
4. Make sure no oblivious repairs are needed. If needed repairs are found, this gives buyers a reason to discount the offered price of the house.
5. Get rid of the clutter. Clean out closets, bathrooms, pantries and kitchen counters and drawers. This gives the impression of more space.
6. The top two things you can do to improve the salability of your house are new carpet and fresh paint. This will help sell your house faster and for more money.
7. Organize the kitchen. It is best to have nothing on the counters than to have them full of small appliances. Clean all countertops.
8. Make sure you empty all trash containers and hide any dirty laundry.
9. Make sure all doors and windows open and close smoothly. Fix any squeaks with lubricant.
10. Make sure all lights and switches work.
The top goal when listing your house for sale is getting the best possible price. These small projects above can help you meet that goal.